Eyebrow Hair loss Solution For Mature Ladies
I have so many ladies come to see me because they have noticed that their brows have become very sparse and patchy. Vanishing eyebrows can be a result of various illnesses, particular medications or hormones. Most commonly though it’s caused by over plucking and unfortunately ageing.
Eyebrow hair is unique because after being continuously plucked out it sometimes just never grows back. I have so many ladies of all ages come to me with this issue because unfortunately eyebrows don’t respond very well to fashion trends and sadly a lot of brows have become fashion victims.
Some ladies experiencing hair loss are just wanting to redefine their brows without drawing too much attention to them. They basically want their brows to look the same as they used to. Others are more open to enhancing their natural shape by extending them or lifting the arch to create a more elegant designer look. Why not have the brows you always wanted! My personal preference is to work with the natural brow as much as possible to create the best and most flattering shape that follows the natural facial contours and flatters individual facial features.
A GREAT SOLUTION FOR SPARSE & PATCHY BROWS
Microblading also called eyebrow feathering is a great solution for vanishing brows. Although it’s sometimes called eyebrow tattooing it’s not really a tattoo because it’s only semi-permanent.
It’s done with an instrument called a microblade which looks like a pen except it has tiny needles at one end. The best way to describe it is that it’s like tiny curved scratches that look like single hairs. Each hair is individually placed to fill in the predetermined shape. The finest of needles are dipped into specialised pigment that is deposited just under the surface of the skin.
The colours range from light brown to a deep brown depending on hair and skin colour. The shape is entirely a personal preference. Some ladies just want their natural shape enhanced and other clients are open to experimenting with different styles. Either way nothing gets tattooed until the shape is perfect.
Dame Helen Miren, the Oscar winning actress revealed that at the age of 72 she had her brows tattooed and said she ‘couldn’t believe the huge difference it made to her appearance.
I was fed up of my brows being barely there and when one of my girlfriends got it done, I thought it looked great so I took the plunge’.
As an a prominent advocate for older women and insisting that her photos are not excessively touched up, I think it’s brilliant that she openly admits how much difference her new brows make.
FACTS ABOUT NATURAL EFFECT EYEBROW FEATHERING
1. It looks like real hair.
2. It is semi-permanent and it will last approximately 12 months.
3. The pigment colours range from dark blonde to dark brown. (Darker colours last longer)
4. After the treatment, your brows will look slightly darker than the make-up you normally use but it is NOT scary dark.
5. The colour fades gradually into a softer shade.
6. The sensation varies from complete numbness to light scratching feeling.
7. There is very slight redness for around 24 hours.
8. You can’t get them wet for 7-10 days.
9. Aftercare is very simple and provided. Makeup wipes are great to use instead of cleansers during the healing period
10. There is no scabbing.
11. It is suitable for most skins.
12. It doesn’t affect your natural hair growth.
13. The brows are not shaved off before the treatment.